Thursday, July 15, 2010

Remembering

My children, now grown, used to come home to Andre Boccelli blaring at a level I would have told them would permantely damage their hearing. They would look at each other and know that I was in my "Europe" mode. We had lived in Brussels for 4 years and I loved it. Every bit of it including the endless cloudy days, the rain, the lack of parking,,, and the lifestyle, the bread, the markets, the wine and cheeses, and let's not forget .. the antiques. But, best of all. as a mother, the lack of tv, no drivers license for teenagers, restaurants that forced you to take your time and enjoy your meal .. time spent together as a family.



I count my blessings. My children. My time here in France doing what I love ...hunting. Hunting for antiques.





Watching sunrises and sunsets over hilltop villages. Wandering through alleys where views and history beg you to whisper in awe one moment and listen for the trumpets sounding in the next.




Blessings where my friends at home sent me off with their best wishes and toast to my success. I miss you.




Blessed. How sweet the sound.

Salut!
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment