Tuesday, February 15, 2011

An Antique Dealer's Journey

I've been away from this blog for quite a while. Crazy busy like most of you, but also tyring to define exactly what I really want this blog to be. There have been times when I have sat down to write a post only to find I didn't have the pictures I needed to convey my thoughts. Of course, if I could remember to take my camera with me or if I have it, remember to take the pictures at the beginning of an event instead of  realizing at 2 in the morning that I had once again gotten so caught up in whatever was going on ....another missed opportunity.





My plan is to take you on a journey. An antique dealers journey. I'll take you with me as I travel to the markets and brocantes in France and Belgium. Reveal the delights and nightmares involved in container shipping. Take you behind the scences to reveal what it is like to be a dealer at major antique shows. Bring you into my shop and share the stories of owning an antique store. I'll also introduce you to a number of truly talented antique dealers.


And finally, share my passion - antiques. The hunt, a favorite find, an admired piece, the history or the imagined story....


I am absolutely certain that at times I will veer off the charted path, but that's just part of the journey.

Salut!
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dear I be more than happy to follog you jorney since for me right now is inposible to go any where, thanks so much for sharing with us you jorneys mercy!

    ReplyDelete